These are principles agreed upon by the organizers that serve to guide those who participate in NOW DC:
NOW DC Agreement on Principles
As a participant in NOW DC, I agree to the following principles and rules. I understand that certain behaviors such as theft, abusive behavior, inappropriate sexual advances, violence and drug or alcohol use will not be tolerated by the community and may result in immediate expulsion.
1. I will use my anger at injustice as a positive, nonviolent force for change.
2. I will not carry weapons of any kind.
3. I will not vandalize, destroy or steal property, and I will act nonviolently to stop such behavior when it is observed at NOW DC activities.
4. I will not use or carry alcohol or illegal drugs while participating in occupation activities.
5. I will respect quiet hours between 11 pm and 7 am and encourage others to do the same.
6. I will act in a respectful manner and will not insult or verbally attack others.
7. I will not assault, verbally or physically, or be abusive toward those who oppose or disagree with me or towards law enforcement agents.
8. I will conduct myself as a positive role model in a way that reflects positively on the movement.
9. I will take responsibility for maintaining these principles and will support the peacekeepers in their efforts to maintain peace in the community.